This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to:
Grumitt Wade Ltd, Unit 3, Tungsten Building, George Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN41 1RA
We gather and use certain information to provide services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
Data we may gather
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use this site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. None of this information is personally identifiable.
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google – not to Grumitt Wade. It is used to compile statistical reports on website activity for this site only. We use these reports to tailor the content of the site to better meet our visitors’ needs.
We only collect the following information when you submit it to us via email, through a form or by phone:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode
- The address of the property you are contacting us about
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, helping us to deliver better services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional material by post or to call you about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
As mentioned above, a cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information, such as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using Google Analytics. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit the BBC WebWise Guide to Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you can be sure that we will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the grumittwade.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.